Fibre optic attenuators are devices used to reduce the power level of an optical signal, either in free space or in an optical fibre.
The basic types of optical attenuators are fixed, step-wise variable, and continuously variable.
Fibre optic attenuators can be designed to use with various kinds of fibre optic connectors. The attenuators can be female to female known as bulkhead fibre optic attenuator or male to female known as a plug fibre optic attenuator. Bulkhead and plug types are designed without cables; another type inline fibre optic attenuator is designed with a short length of fibre optic cable.
Features & Benefits
- Low back reflection
- Wide wavelength range
- Polarization insensitive
- Compact and rugged housing
- Wide range of connectors/receptacles
- Hybrid style attenuator using attenuating fibre
- Attenuating fibre patch cords utilising new patent pending technique: No splicing
- Mode independent multimode loopback attenuators
- Designed to meet Telecordia requirements
Part Number Selection
Generated Product Code:
Example: FASCUSM05D – SC/UPC Singlemode 5dB Fixed Attenuator