Active Fibre Optic
Singlemode to Multimode Media Converters
Multimode to Singlemode Media Converters are used to switch fibre type between two media converters.
We offer multimode to singlemode media converters in dual fibre to dual fibre type or SFP to SFP type for easier amendments and network modifications.
SFP, unlike dual fibre, has the ability to replace SFPs without changing media converter, allowing one media converter to provide singlemode and multimode signals or any transmission distance with simple plug and play.
Media converters are a cost-effective solution for transmission distances up to 120km.
Features & Benefits
- Built-in 2 port switch which supports flow and bandwidth control
- Available in fibre to fibre or SFP to SFP types
- SFP transceiver technology allows adaptions to made without replacing media converters
- Full duplex utilises two fibre channels, one for transmitting and one for receiving
- Singlemode or multimode options
- Transmission distances from 550m to 120km
- SC, ST and FC connector types for fibre type; or LC connector type for SFP type
- 2x dual fibre ports or 2x SFP ports
- Built-in RAM for data buffer
- Compliant to IEEE 802.3*, FCC and CE standards
- Internal or external power supply available with fibre type; sfp type only available with external power supply
- Up to 1.4Gbps data rate
- Card-type and media racks available
- Data centres, premise installations and telecommunication networks
- Ethernet, fibre channel, ATM, LAN, MAN and WAN
- Data communication
- Outdoor applications
- Singlemode to Multimode Dual Fibre Media Converters
- Singlemode to Multimode SFP Fibre Media Converters
- None Available
Catalogues & Brochures
Product Code Configuration
Using the available configurations amend/create product codes using the formula below.
Example: SFPMCEPM550S20UK - Single SFP Multimode 550m to Single SFP Singlemode 20km Media Converter with External Power Supply UK Plug
Each media converters is tested and packaging individually in a anti-static bag inside a cardboard carton with foam protection. In each box is a media converter, power supply, user manual and warranty card.
This product is available Linxcom branded or unbranded. OEM branding is also available for this product, but MOQ quantities may apply.